¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

lunes, 25 de abril de 2016

A little suspense and a lot of love in Always You


Hey, book buddies, I've read a new author to me, C. M. STEELE, and it was quite entertaining. Let me tell you about ALWAYS YOU.

always you - release day.jpg


Alexander Richmond didn't expect to spend spring break with the most beautiful female he'd ever seen when he planned to visit his buddy. She was more temptation than a week of bikini clad women on South Padre Island. There was just one major hiccup. She was only sixteen. By the end of the week, he made the decision to wait for her to grow up. Two very long years.

Calista (Cali) Delaney was shocked at her immediate reaction she had to her brother's best friend. The tall handsome Alex was too perfect. After the first week together, she fantasized what a life with him could be like.

In two years many things could happen and did, but will it stop Alex and Cali from being together?

Of Course not, but follow their love story through pain and tragedy and a whole lot of loving.


Always you.jpg



goodreads-badge.png

MY OPINION

There is something comforting about insta-love that is forever. This novella tells a romance with a touch of forbidden, a lot of steamy need and some suspense.

With a light narrative, the author combines the main characters' thoughts to set up an impossible attraction between Calista, a sixteen-year old girl, and her older brother's best friend, Alexander.

It was entertaining to see all the misunderstandings while he tried to hide his need for her. He felt shame for his manly urges so he treated Cali a little bit harshly. So the scenes were full of hidden desires.

Of course, there is nothing inappropriate between them. It's not until she's eighteen that all the glorious passion takes place. What really adds to the whole plot is that a long chain of tragedies take ahold of them, mixing the happy moments with the intense drama and horror.

I think this is a cute story about possessive love and warm forever romance that is enhanced with a little danger. Nice. 


READ AN EXCERPT

It was my final spring break before I graduated from college. Real life was just a stone’s throw away and I couldn’t wait for it. I drove my Lexus from Dallas to Irving. It may be spring break, but I wanted to spend it with my best friend instead of the beach. When Rob offered to let me stay at his place, I jumped at the chance at a normal, middle class, relaxing family visit. I hated the crowds and all the drunk bitches trying to crawl up my body, looking for a ride on my cock. With my bag in my hand, I made my way up their steps.
I was about to knock on the door when it opened and I saw the hottest female I’d ever seen. Now, I’d let her crawl up my body.  “Hi, you must be Alex. I’m Calista, but most call me Cali. Rob’s in the back.”
I paused for a moment—stunned. This had to be Rob’s little sister. He talked about her all the time, but never showed me a photo. Now I understood why; she was beautiful. The first thing that popped into my brain was that she was only sixteen. She didn’t look anything like a normal sixteen-year-old. Everything about her from the way she stood, to the curvature of her body made her look older. Even her face looked at least twenty-one. She stood there with her blonde hair in a tight ponytail, in skintight workout clothes. My body had an immediate and very inappropriate reaction to her. I didn’t know how to get my boy down. I wanted her and it was wrong. I never did anything wrong, so it pissed me the fuck off and like a prick, I took it out on her.
“Yeah, I am.” I swallowed deeply. “You know, you shouldn’t answer the door like that. It’s not safe.” I knew she took it the wrong way, when she looked down at her clothes like I disapproved. Granted, I did because that shit was too tight, but I was talking about the fact that she didn’t even look to see who was at the door before she opened it. I took in her appearance again because I couldn’t stop myself. Jealousy skirted through my mind, irrationally. She was technically a kid. It was not for me to even look at, let alone feel territorial over; but sure enough, I did.
“There’s nothing wrong with my outfit,” she snapped. “My brother’s that way. Excuse me, I’ve got to run.” She rushed passed me in a pair of yoga capris and a tight running shirt, making her way down a wooden path across the street from their home. I couldn’t take my eyes off her. Her ass bounced so nicely, I forgot she was just a teen. If I forgot, so did every other guy that she crossed paths with.
Rob came up behind me as I stared off into the distance watching her jog away from me. “So you met my sister.” He chuckled. “I told you men think she’s older. We’ve got a lot of trouble on our hands when she starts dating. Anyways, come on through, enjoy some food and let’s chill.”
I was still looking out the door when he closed it. “She’s fine,” he said, tapping my shoulder.
“Yes, she is,” I muttered under my breath. I let it slip and Rob shook his head.
“In two years, Alex. She’s legal in two years, but not before.” He gave me a look, warning me off. He knew I wasn’t a bastard toward women, but Cali was his sister. So it didn’t matter if I was perfect.
“I’m sorry. That was rude of me.” Fuck, get it together, I mentally chastised myself. Calista was a little girl.
“You’re not the first, Alex.” That jealousy came back again with a vengeance. He just gave me a smirk and walked to the backyard.
The entire time we sat in the backyard, having beers and eating steak, I was looking at the door, waiting for her to return. Participating in our conversation was damn near impossible when all my concentration was focused on when she would get back.
“Don’t you think your sister’s been gone a long time?” I asked.
“No, man. She’s only been gone about an hour. She should be back soon. She’s usually gone about an hour and a half.” Damn that was a long time. Cali needed a fucking treadmill. I was going to look into that Tread Climber when I got home.

Always you 4.jpg

ABOUT THE MASTERMIND
C.M. Steele is a mother of three and a wife of one. Being a voracious reader of romance novels, she decided to create her own heroes to fall in love with. Although, the process was harder than she expected. There were times when she wanted to throw in the towel and go back to work in the business world, but it was the few readers that kept her going.

Now she's living her dream of creating characters she loves and sharing them with other readers. She's had moments of doubt and disappointment, but the voices in her head want their stories told, so she must go on. The voices are always naughty, bossy males. She knows they are never to be resisted so she must comply and tell their tales.



ArdentProse_LogoMain.jpg

Have a great wek, book buddies :o)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario