¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

lunes, 22 de octubre de 2018

Are you daring enough to be The Necromancer's Bride?

Hi, book buddies :-) Remember this beautiful cover? It belongs to THE NECROMANCER'S BRIDE. This author writes wonderfully and if you are bold enough to read some dark romance with a twist into the grotesque, you'll find it hides some sweet flavours too :-D


The Necromancer's Bride

Author: Brianna Hale
Genre: Dark Fantasy Romance
Release Date: October 20, 2018

When I was a child he brought me back from the brink of death. Since that day I have borne his mark, a black star in the center of my left palm. The villagers say it brands me as evil. I think it means something far worse. It marks me as his.
The disease that nearly killed me has returned to the village and children are dying. I’m the only one who dares to climb the mountain and learn his secrets. In exchange I’m to clean his house and help with his strange experiments, but Meremon wants more. He wants me. And it isn’t long before I discover that his demands are as twisted as his experiments.

Warning: This story is a dark fantasy romance with scenes of non-consent and dubious consent. Additionally, Meremon is a necromancer and enjoys unusual things. Some sex scenes might be strange or creepy for some readers.

As always with Brianna Hale books, no cheating, and a guaranteed happily ever after. THE NECROMANCER’S BRIDE is a novella of 16,000 words.



MY OPINION

I swear I watched the first chapter unfold in my mind like an atmospheric, dark fantasy film. A cloaked, menacing male figure saving a sick girl through the dark arts. Chills!
This novella proceeds with a witchery feel, a gothic tale of ghostly carnality and lingering fear. Every step the sweet, brave maiden takes to help and protect leads her deeper into the necromancer's domain, physical and psychological, and it's frightfully delicious. This author has a quirky imagination :-D
The relationship that ensues is strangely intimate and doubly disturbing, but also alluring because of the odd tenderness the necromancer shows in his decadent ministrations to his captive bride. It's actually quite sweet under the veneer of grotesque.
Through and beyond that haze of sensual weirdness, a fairy tale of loveliness emerges like the sun after a supernatural storm. I loved it!
Favourite quote: Why must he be so loving as he's so strange?






ABOUT THE MASTERMIND

There’s nothing Brianna Hale likes more than a large, stern alpha male with a super-protective and caring streak, and when she’s not writing about them she can usually be found with a book, a cocktail, planning her next trip to a beautiful location or attending the theatre. She believes that pink and empowerment aren’t mutually exclusive, and everyday adventures are possible. Brianna lives in London.

HOSTED BY:

Enjoy your reading time :-)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario