¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

martes, 15 de noviembre de 2016

Skye Warren goes To The Ends Of The Earth with this story



Start the Stripped Series Today: http://www.skyewarren.com/books/

Another rundown apartment. Another job that pays cash. Every new city it becomes harder to hide but I can't stop running.

There are two men after me. One wants to save my soul. The other wants to claim my body.

Part of me wants Luca to catch me, even knowing what he's capable of. An enforcer. A fighter. The only language he speaks is violence.

How far will he go to find me?

What will he do once he does?

A wild glance over my shoulder. The shadows are moving. I'm about to find out.



MY OPINION


A beautiful dark story. It's dark because of the evil men who hurt and torment the innocent. And it's beautiful because the writing makes it so.

This novella is a stand-alone though it's also part of the Stripped series and the Chicago Underground series, all highly recommended. Narrated with sensibility and insight, it tells of the struggles of a young woman who has been isolated and brain-washed by the leader of a religious cult. She runs to keep her baby safe, even from the one man who looks like a devil but vows to protect her from everything.


I like that the main character, Beth, is yearning to understand what's happened to her, and to find the strength to be free, yes, but also forgive and feel like a human being who deserves to be happy. And Luca's unrelenting fortitude and support help her do that as well. It's got revenge, redemption, love, kindness, violence, and some nurturing intimacy. Very worthy.

Find the author and the book:
Webpage - Goodreads - Amazon

I cannot recommend this author enough. She's an artist with words. Really, you have to read her beautiful works. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario