¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

jueves, 10 de noviembre de 2016

Beware of this Hitman romance



hostagebanner  

Hostage of the Hitman: A Bad Boy Mafia Romance

Author: Alexis Abbott
Release Date: November 9, 2016
Add to Goodreads


hostageecover

She needs to behave, or I’ll be forced to punish her.
Delaney Underwood is sexy as hell, with a killer body, wicked smile, and a spoiled rotten demeanor. She's a pampered rich girl, thinking she can get anything she wants, whenever she wants. It pisses me off. I've struggled to survive, and I have the scars to prove it. Delaney’s going to make me a wealthy man, once her parents pay to get their precious angel back. I have no shame and I don’t give a fuck. But every time I look at those sassy lips, I wanna put them to good use. Delaney has gotten under my skin and she knows it. Even before I took her hostage, she'd somehow managed to work her way into my blood, and my heart hammers harder in my chest every time she stares daggers in my direction. She's craving someone like me in her life, whether she knows it or not, and with every bratty outburst, a part of me calls out to discipline her. She needs to be taught a lesson. And I need her, all to myself. I promised to ransom her off, but once I have a taste of her sweet curves, I'm keeping her to myself. She’s the hitman’s hostage and she’ll learn to love it. 

  A full length Standalone Romantic Suspense novel. 
No Cliffhangers. Safe from cheating. Explicit language & swearing.

MY OPINION


Imagine a James Bond on the reverse. Yes, he's gone to the dark side and he shows it in the stunning first sequence where his lethal prowess is evident as he fights and charms his way into criminal success. Wow.

And the sharp impression never relents because this hellish crime boss has an effective, dark operation running smoothly based on cold money-making techniques. This is no good-hearted bad boy, but a ruthless criminal with a cruel background and no love for rich, pampered American girls.

Delaney might be that, but she's interestingly much more as she's adapted to an unwanted social life through wits and manipulation. The clash of these two in a hostage situation is abrasive, tension-riddled and violently erotic.

The writing is powerful, the anti-hero is rough and taunting, and the plot is riddle with action, dangerous deeds, opposing sides of wealth and poverty, and two characters that collide in explosive, throbbing, raw ways. Expect heat, a lot of it...

I liked that the female character only found herself when confronted with the vapid choices of her former life and that the brutality of her captor's life allowed her a new kind of freedom. Despite the HEA, it's not exactly romantic. It's more about find your true self, lots of seedy gang members, graphic and scorching-hot passion, a war-hardened trafficker and some kick-ass action scenes. 

I wasn't too fond of the Mexican-style dialogues that pretended to be Spanish or the use of Señior instead of Señor, or a final steamy scene out of place near the end, but the story in general is highly entertaining, well-plotted, thrilling and a great mafia story.


hostagefullcover
hostageteaser1

hostageteaser3

hostagepromo5

alexis
I'm Alexis Abbott, and I love bad boys, gritty backdrops, and super steamy sex! Sign up for my mailing list to be notified of new releases, sales, giveaways, and lots of other fun stuff ;)
 
jomppromo

hostagepromo4

Enjoy your day, book buddies :o)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario