¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

martes, 19 de agosto de 2014

An Indecent Affair: a serial to fall for



When I came up with the idea of this special stamp for the books that I really fall in love with, I imagined I wouldn't be using it too often. That has been the case because in fact I've only stamped a trilogy and one book so far. Until today. Here I am again just relishing the concept, the writing and the craving for this story.

Do you love serials? I do, a lot! And I've just discovered a new one that I'd like to tell you about, book buddies :o)

AN INDECENT AFFAIR
by Stephanie Julian

Goodreads - Author's Website

One night. One woman. Two men. Twice the desire.Katrina refuses to give in to her mother’s demand to marry a man she can’t stand. After years of trusting no one with her heart or her body, she wants to be swept off her feet, to experience complete surrender, if only for one night.Tristan has lusted after Katrina for years and tonight he’s making his move. He’ll steal her away from his brother, who doesn’t deserve her. Then he and his best friend, Adam, will give her exactly what she wants 



Beautifully sensual, seductively written.

I really enjoyed how the author built the situations and portrayed the characters. After just a few pages, I felt drawn into the dynamics of the blooming relationship.

Two men and a woman? That can't be easy. Interesting? Sure.

I wanted to know more about the two hot men, Adam and Tristan, and why the heroine was suffering from panic attacks. Though I can't blame her if it had anything to do with those two intense male specimens...

Both Tristan and Adam were very understanding and helpful, that's why I was all in favour of them getting their lust's desire even so soon. Yes, we all want some early action but sometimes these things seem to be rushed. Despite the fact that Kat leaves a high society event with the intention of bedding two (extremely hot) men, one she knows and the other a stranger, all of them act according to their personality, their fears and desires, their reasons for being there and then.

One of the things I appreciated a lot was that I felt I knew the characters really well. I came out of each part of this serial (what I've read so far, three glorious parts) knowing their assets and their weaknesses.

The writing was pulsing with beautiful sensuality, but the story itself felt also real, sweet and sensitive, so it won double points in my score.

Adam and Tristan

I like strong men. They are perfectly in tune with each other, loyal and steady. They work as a team in and out of work. A dangerous job, but they don't do it for fun or show arrogance. I loved how well they know each other, how synchronized they are in their pursue of Kat. Not as predators, but as well-trained experts who care for her needs and seduce her in the most gentlemanly and scorching hot way.

They have a plan

Kat doesn't know it and a lot of the fun is in that fact. They approach her with a strategy to win her over. There are many things I found out about the characters which made me like them and take an interest. I bet there a lot more exciting things to come too.

Their first time together is gorgeous

I'm so thrilled when I discover an author that really does magic with words. She mentions that she likes writing heat with heart. I think she totally nailed it!


AN INDECENT AFFAIR II - goodreads


Katrina is finally taking control of her life. She's quit her job in Boston and is opening her own law practice in Philadelphia, home to Tristan and Adam. She spent one sensually mind-blowing night in their arms. And then she snuck out before morning.Tristan is looking forward to breaking down Kat's walls and starting a relationship. Adam isn't sure Kat is the woman he and Tristan need in their lives. And he'll do whatever it takes to make sure they don't make a huge mistake...


Kat is cutting her ties in Boston which means breaking up with her mother's hold over her, and quitting a stifling job. I admire her boldness even more so because it's still tinged with fear and longing for a broken freedom. In Philadelphia, Tristan is happy to plan a strategy to get closer to her. Adam, on the other hand, is far from sure she's the right one for his best friend.

OMG. That might sound plain typical but I'm just quaking after this episode!

The second encounter is deeply emotional, courageous, intensely erotic, and beautifully written.

I loved every word. Kat breaks all boundaries and is rewarded with two fiercely provocative men who indulge all her pleasures.

I felt real pain when Adam sabotages their lovemaking and their budding connection cracks before it's fully formed. Though Kat was also to blame, she's in such a vulnerable moment I understand her completely. This is all so new for her, being with two men, imagine that.

I was so absorbed by the alluring narrative that I didn't want to wait a second before jumping into the third installement.


AN INDECENT AFFAIR III - goodreads

After the big gap separating them, they all struggle with their personal turmoil. Kat is riddled with guilt at having snapped at her two lovers, making them feel bad about their choice of relationship. Tristan is so pissed off because he's afraid he will lose his dream woman, but Adam can't let go of his inner demons.

I felt really invested in all of the characters' doubts. I understand how difficult it must be for them to put their hearts on the line, to risk their emotions and their faith when the can end up crushed.

Him or him?

I like Tristan's assertiveness, his absolute unwavering belief in what they can be together. Honestly, I fell for Adam. After all, he's suffering, he's doubting himself, he's the one who feels insecure and needs real, bullet-proof love. I have a weakness for tormented men who desire too much and have to conceal it.

I can unflinchingly say that I've fallen head over heels in love with this author's writing style. The eroticism was burning through the pages, though it went beyond that. The characters are alive, they have feelings they have to contend with. And the threesome was more than just bodies. It was three people connecting and making it work without jealousy.


My only complaint? That ending. Where's part 4? Please?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario