¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

viernes, 13 de junio de 2014

Madly in love with these books: Lost in Me & Fall to You



Sometimes I fall in love with covers. Sometimes it's the synopsis that dazzles me. Then it's pure magic when the cover, the story and the book itself just collide to produce the profound pleasure of reading something you love. From now on, every time I fall in love with a book, you'll see that stamp up there.

I cannot tell you how eager I am to read the final book in this series.



Amnesia. A frightening word that's key to my immediate craziness about wanting to read a book. If you couple it with romance, a twisted mystery and two men on hot pursuit of a woman's heart, I'm overcome with excitement!

LOST IN ME, by Lexi Ryan, starts with a fat girl who has a crush on a hot guy, and then is immediately followed by a successful business woman that has achieved a body she's proud of and the boyfriend of her dreams. The only problem is she doesn't remember who she got it all. As soon as she's trying to enjoy her blessings, the pieces of the crumbled puzzle of her life get more and more scattered.

-She might not have had an accident

-She has become estranged from her twin sister

-She's got secrets that threaten her relationship with perfect Max

This story oozes sexiness. Not only from what it'd feel like to get your heart's desire in looks, job and men, but the very fact that everyone has conscious and unconscious desires that are dealt with here. We know what we want: Max enters there as the idol of Hanna's dreams. We still harbour a secret side that can only be catered to in the backstage, away from public eyes, even our own judgment. That's where Nate fills in.

He's that inner passion that cannot be denied but it's hard to acknowledge. Hanna is torn between what she accomplished before her amnesia and what deep down she craves to remember even though it can be destructive.

I loved how that dichotomy of her feelings pull her apart. The way she constantly struggles to reconcile who she is now and how she got there, all the while finding out explosive snippets of her life at the same time we do. This makes it an interesting and non-stop reading! Also, the alternating scenes of her present life and of memories of her past work really well to enhance the frustrating mystery.

The drama keeps building up, as well as the sexiness and the emotional turmoil. I was very happy with the alternating points of view from Hanna, Max and Nate, which not only add depth but also much appreciated insight into the characters' psyche, feelings and internal conflicts.

As to the two hot men, I can't deny Max is really sweet. His encounters with Hanna are quite a party, but I confess I was most curious about Nate. I've always had a soft spot for men in pain ;o)

Look at this phrase:

"If an open wound has a sound, it's the sound of his voice right now."

Isn't it just gorgeous?

As the story progresses, Hanna remembers more not only about her actions, but her passionate moments that were lurking deep inside her memory. And OMG, all I want to say is yes, yes, yes! When I reached the final chapters, I felt hopeful and surprised. The ending was so bittersweet that my heart ached. And then something else happened that could give a woman a heart attack. It was bewildering to say the least. Which is nothing compared to what awaited me in the second novel. WOW.

FALL TO YOU starts off three months before the accident that took Hanna's memory. There is so much anguish, so much heartbreak. I was beginning to fall for one of Hanna's guys, but now that I know more about the two, it's not so easy any more. We get to see what happened, filling in more details, more significance, and it all means so much now that we know the characters and what's at stake.

Despite her insecurities, Hanna is a lovely woman who deserves to be loved. Her mind is clouded by her belief that nobody can love someone like her. Ironically, most of her problems arise from the fact that she's loved by two men. both are engaging in their own way, imperfect too. Though Nate's story with Hanna is so sexy and beautiful it's hard to deny it. 

Not before long, we switch back to the present and there is a huge surprise in store for Hanna. Something that will alter everything she thought possible. And it's all so amazing! I kept changing my mind about these two gorgeous, complicated, so-in-love men. I understood Hanna's dilemma too well because it's almost impossible to choose when you find out new things that change everything from one chapter to another. And there's so much drama, beautiful romantic drama. The ending got me wretched again. I need the third book like breathing!


And here is the beauty I'm drooling for...




The lovely author

Once a college English professor, I now write full time. I live in rural Indiana, where, when I’m not writing, I get to hang out with my husband and two kids–a six-year-old boy and a two-year-old hellion, er, girl. Not surprisingly, reading and writing remain my favorite activities, though both come in bits and pieces these days, not the big hunks of time I enjoyed before I had children. When I’m feeling virtuous, I like to go running (I use that word liberally. I’m really, really slow) or do yoga. Don’t worry, I’m always careful to balance out such activities with a hearty serving of ice cream or a chocolate martini.




Do you like books that deal with amnesia? Tell me if you have a favourite, book buddies :o)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario