¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

martes, 13 de octubre de 2020

Jane Austen is back: Pride & Papercuts

 Hi, book buddies :-) It's the last of Staci Hart's Austen series and the wrap up of the Bennet family saga! I hope you're ready to swoon :-D

PRIDE & PAPERCUTS

by STACI HART

WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?

Hate is a strong word.


Depending on the company, loathe is a good substitute. Abhor might be a little fancy, but it gets the job done. But the word that really sums up how I feel about Liam Darcy is, without question, hate.


He doesn’t seem to think much of me either. The second he lays his fault-seeking eyes on me, he sets out to oppose me. Everything about him is imposing, as if he consumes the nearby air to power the rise and fall of his broad chest, and it’s clear he resents my presence on his advertising team. Every idea I have is shot down. Every olive branch I offer is set on fire by nothing more than the blistering coals he calls eyes. 


In return, I light him up with my words.


It’s not as if he can dismiss me, since I work for his client, Wasted Words. Instead, he’s forced to tolerate me, which seems the closest we’ll ever be to friends. Fine by me. 


I can be civil and still hate Liam Darcy. 


But if there’s more to him than his exterior shows, I won’t be able to hate him at all. 


I might stumble over that line between love and hate and fall right into his arms. 


Amazon: https://amzn.to/2Jb48dq⠀

AppleBooks: https://apple.co/2Ue22Qz

B&N: https://bit.ly/2WJoqme

Kobo: https://bit.ly/2vVzeTC

Add to Goodreads: https://bit.ly/3bo2Xnk



MY OPINION

Beautiful prose, crackling chemistry, a plot that defies the classics and a couple that embraces them.

Pride and Prejudice meets Romeo and Juliet in this happily-ending but much fought for-romance with as much creativity as heart. Set against the backdrop of a marketing campaign, Laney and Darcy clash in an electrifying challenge of both wits and feelings. Not only are they fighting misunderstandings, burning emotions and adversaries who hold power over the entire foundation of their lives, but they are dealing with forbidden relationships, family feuds, tragic pasts and questions about their own future. 

I admire the enlightened angle the author has crafted for this re-imagined classic. No easy feat, mind you, but done with remarkable talent and poise. It is written with gorgeous prose, and planned with successful twists and parallelisms. I was able to recognise the original plot and marvel at the same time at the inspired adaptation to a new setting, new burdens and new characters. I loved with no limits the detail and care devoted to the marketing campaigns, the running of the bookstore and the family flower business. I could see it all in my mind and feel it in my bones. Unity, roots, love.

Darcy and Laney exchange volatile dialogues that do not lose an inch of their beautiful wording and deep longing. Consuming passion bubbles under the surface, yet the characters are driven by other forces to contend with. Trust, sacrifice, family bonds, life goals. 

They couldn't have all coalesced in a more perfect way with that final confrontation, that final letter pouring out what a man holds in his heart, and that ending that leaves the reader soul-sated.  

ABOUT THE MASTERMIND


Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life -- a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can't forget that. She's also been a mom, with three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She's been a wife, though she's certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She's also super, duper fun at a party, especially if she's been drinking whiskey. When she's not writing, she's reading, sleeping, gaming, or designing graphics.


💕

Enjoy life, my book buddies ☺ 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario