¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

martes, 13 de enero de 2015

The Empire State trilogy I love



This is what falling in love and fighting for it means. Oh, I can’t stress enough how much I’ve enjoyed this three part-serial, THE EMPIRE STATE SERIES, by the lovely Louise Bay. Since I read the second part, I was literally shaking with the anticipation to read the final part. It’s sublimely romantic. And addictively hot.

Anna And Ethan have declared their love in the open. But. Yes, there is a big, ugly but. He lives in New York, she lives in London. How can they make it work?

I loved every moment of doubt, of heated frustration, of intimacy over the phone.  Despite how hard it was to see them so in love but facing their doubts, I loved it all because it made me feel and writhe and ache for the happy ending they deserve. Both the emotional and physical intimacy was amazing. You can’t imagine how physical a phone call can get with Ethan!

Even though there’s a lot of serious romantic issues, I need to comment on the playfulness and general humour that underlines many dialogues. I had such a great time with that too.

The anticipation, the wait during their separation, was very enticing and it beautifully builds up to the moment they meet again in New York after Christmas. Oh, the passion there was melting-hot. Ethan is adorable, thoughtful, and an irresistibly sexy man. Anna might come off as insecure, but I think she doesn’t want to push him. Also, they’re from different backgrounds and countries, so it’s a good point that it shows their differences.

While in Manhattah, they reconnect on all levels. I loved every bit of it. There’s a particular moment I relished because it was meaningful beyond their physical nearness and it had to do with Spanish art! I smiled because that’s where I’m from ;o)

Before the happily ever after, there is some tension between Ethan and Anna that really made me squirm with delight and worry. Yes, it’s possible to do that when you are a reader.

I’m so happy I read this serial! It’s the perfect combination of passion and romance. I’m sure everyone will love it too.



The Empire State Trilogy, Part 1

Released: October 21, 2014
Each novella is around 30k words

Anna Kirby is sick of dating. She's tired of heartbreak. Despite being smart, sexy, and funny, she's a magnet for men who don't deserve her.
A week's vacation in New York is the ultimate distraction from her most recent break-up, as well as a great place to meet a stranger and have some summer fun. But to protect her still-bruised heart, fun comes with rules. There will be no sharing stories, no swapping numbers, and no real names. Just one night of uncomplicated fun.
Super-successful serial seducer Ethan Scott has some rules of his own. He doesn't date, he doesn't stay the night, and he doesn't make any promises.
It should be a match made in heaven. But rules are made to be broken.


The Empire State Trilogy, Part 2
Released December 2, 2014
 
The Empire State Trilogy, Part 3
Release: January 13, 2015

ABOUT THE MASTERMIND


I write sexy, romantic, contemporary novels - the kind I like to read!

Ruined by romantic mini-series of the seventies and eighties, I love all things romantic. There's not enough of it in real life so I'll settle for books and films.

I love the rain, the West Wing, London, days when you don't have to wear make-up, being alone, being with friends, elephants and champagne.





THANK YOU FOR COMING BY!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario