¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

jueves, 10 de julio de 2014

Red and Wolfe: when a fairy tale turns hot



Hey, book buddies, I've just realised I read a book by Ella James before starting this serial. I'm so bad with names, sorry, but then visiting the author's site I saw the cover for Selling Scarlett and, pam, it hit me. Read that! Loved that!


Today, anyway, it's time for something I'm a sucker for: novellas and serials. READ & WOLFE is a modern day twist to the all time story of Red Riding Hood. And my, the wolf has improved a lot, hasnt't he? ;o)


PART ONE and TWO. When Sarah "Red" Ryder loses her job as an art critic for a Boston newspaper, she's brokenhearted. Worse than that? She's broke. Her boyfriend recently left her - for a tatted-up hottie with a dick - so she's stuck paying her hefty apartment rent alone. After two months unemployed, there's no money left. With no immediate family to turn to, Red reaches out to her estranged grandmother, a reclusive writer living on an island off the coast of Charleston. Several days later, Red receives $30,000 and an invitation to visit.

James Wolfe is not Red's grandmother. But he beckons her. Red has the ability to give him something he needs. He won't take "no" for an answer, and he doesn't mind screwing her over. He lost his conscience six years ago, when he was tried for the murder of his wife. Since then, life is about him - and the paintings he does under the mysterious pseudonym "W."
Wolfe needs the island to keep painting. To live his life away from prying eyes. To keep up the anonymity of "W."
Once he sees Red, he finds that he needs her, too. And Wolfe will have her. Any way he can.


Red, I like you. You're strong, committed, you have resources to squeeze dry when you're down, and when there is no more bottom to reach, you're even stronger. I don't envy the position you're in when I meet you. Penniless, jobless, no prospects, no help from anybody. I love your funny, self-deprecating-in-a-witty-way letter to a grandmother you've never met. It's pitiful and cute and amusing at the same time how you keep rewriting it in an attempt to get it right, to muster the courage to send it. All the time you're looking for a way out, I wish I could lend you a hand, a smile to cheer you up, a car to drive you away from worthless boyfriends and to a future you've earned. Maybe luck will turn better when your granny answers your delirious email. Or maybe not.

Wolfe, you're intimidating. I like to imagine the threatening edge of your voice or your dark bedtime manners, but I worry for Red. Will you be good to her? Or will you bite too hard?

Intoxicated. That's how I felt through those first 35 pages of the story. This first installment has it all. A woman with no choices left who needs some roots and fights for her rights, a man who's broody and sexy and delightfully dangerous. I loved their first fiery encounter on the sea. It was provoking, sexy as hell and that ending came with a bang.

The author's writing style is vibrant and funny. She's envisioned a plot that is perfect for pitting two strong, lively characters against each other in a scorching-hot game of lust.

Let's find out what happens next on that ill-fated island.

Wow. I confess. It blew my mind. The steam in those pages blinded me and left me breathless. Red is falling under Wolfe's spell without even realizing who he is. Some power in him takes control over her senses and she slowly realizes that the crazy, bewitching proposal he makes might be her salvation. 

In this installment, the lovemaking is daring and full of sensuality. There is life-threatening danger, unwittingly malevolent cats, and a freakingly hot encounter in a bathroom.

I'm almost biting my nails with that cliffhanger which I'm not sure if it bodes well or pure disaster! Something tells me what's to come is even better and hotter.

Do you think I want to read part 3? Ah, the expectation...

Goodreads - Ella's Web

Growl and bye, book buddies!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario