¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

miércoles, 26 de febrero de 2020

Romance is always WORTH THE WHISK

Hi, book buddies :-) Food and books mix well, and I am always on the lookout for romance that includes some yummy treats. Here is another sweet book by Melissa Williams. Peek ahead!

WORTH THE WHISK by Melissa Williams  
Release Date: February, 26th


MY OPINION

I'm always ready for good comedy, especially if there is food involved and the romance brings a smile to my face. No doubt this story covers all bases. It's light, optimistic, cute, and the characters bring with them reversed roles. She is a plumber and he is a baker. How cool is that? 

The meet-cute is happy and catchy, and it's followed by a messy second encounter that's both funny and charming. The romance is slow-burn and friendly though do not doubt that the chemistry is happening among croisants, pizza, and male muscles.


The treats don’t stop there. Both characters bring insight to their jobs and daily lives. I particularly liked a scene concerning a special delivery which turned out to be filled with fun and donuts. What can be better than that? 😂

Oh yeah, some heated action between Harrison and August! Their romance had me smiling and sighing with delight, especially the ending which is quirky and dreamy. 

Though the sweet happiness takes place only after a 180 degree-plot twist that boggles the mind. Yes, the seed was planted early on, but wow, wasn't expecting such a rise in drama. Pretty surprising. 

Well, the story is very good entertainment, so I would recommend it as much as the first book in the series. 

WHAT IS IT ABOUT?

A STANDALONE romantic comedy from author Melissa Williams.
I got a snake you can drain.

I hear you’re good at laying pipe.
I’ve got some nuts you can tighten.

Oh, you know a phallic pipe joke? Cool. I’ve heard them all. Trust me, they don’t make me blush anymore.

As the only female plumber in the family business and the newest member of an all-male construction crew, I’ve developed a thick skin. Usually I’m ready for anything.

Doing my cousin a favor, I take a late-night plumbing call thinking it’ll be an easy fix. What I’m not prepared for is to be mistaken for a homeless man or to find a soaking wet hunk glaring at me.

I have to work fast not only to fix his perception of me, but also the burst pipe that is flooding the Bake, Rattle & Roll bakery.

Working around pastry chef Harrison Daniels throws a wrench in my plans. I’m going to have to use every tool in my arsenal to resist falling for him and his sweet, tempting words.

He’s out to prove he’s worth the risk and I’m starting to agree.

* This title can be read as a standalone
but is loosely connected to DONUT DISTURB, 
book 1 in the Donut Disturb series. 


FIND THE AUTHOR 
On Goodreads
Instagram @MelissaWilliamsWrites
The book on Amazon
 
*
Enjoy your reading time :-)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario