¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

sábado, 26 de octubre de 2019

I promise I NEVER GOT OVER YOU

Hi, book buddies :-) Do you go weak in the knees for every book of a certain author? I do 😀 For example, with WHITNEY G.

NEVER GOT OVER YOU


MY OPINION

I am addicted to this author's stories. This second-chance romance is full of wild chemistry and lovers to enemies to lovers again DRAMA.  

Oh, the caustic humour is to die for, and the passion burns a path through your body like angry fire. 

So, the story unfolds in two timelines, the present that is seething with all the fury and hurt of two broken hearts, and the past, where love blooms in all its sensual and sweet glory. Until it withers and dies in heart-wrenching circumstances.

I loved all of it. The ugly and the romantic, the fights and the hatred, the secrets of their fall as they slowly come to light, and the intense climax of a Romeo and Juliet relationship that was doomed from the start. James and Kate end up much better than those two, I assure you!

Typically with this author, the male character is utterly obnoxious. He’s arrogant, bitter, and treats everyone like they are on Earth to make his life miserable on purpose. Therefore, fun scenes abound. I enjoyed immensely the interactions between these lovers who think themselves betrayed. I liked to uncover the hows and the whys as they argue in a working environment where she shines and he whines. I was excited, thrilled. 

What I didn’t like is that towards the end of discovering what had happened to break them up, he pulls an almost Ross / Rachel from Friends situation, and I was really mad at that. Sorry, but he didn’t act as he should have with her, and it was totally his fault what happened with their relationship. Pure drama and my heart shook with compassion, but it was still his fault till the very end! Which she masters by the way, with all her dignity and true love, and he gets more than he deserves, but anyway, I still wanted them to be happy together, so that’s ok 😂

To sum it up, I loved the past, the female character is amazing and strong, and the present is so thrilling, but the male character didn’t really win her over, so this book actually needs a better ending? A couple more chapters to make up for it? My wish 😊


WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?

Nine and a half years ago, you married a man who wasn’t me. He wasn’t even half of me…
Nine and a half hours ago, you walked through the doors of my billion-dollar boardroom for a job interview. 
Although every person at the table fell for your charm and applauded, I didn’t dare. I couldn’t help but notice your bare ring finger. Couldn’t help but notice that you were even sexier now than you were on the night we first met.
I honestly didn’t want to hire you, but I had no choice. (I was outvoted 16-1, but trust me, you got this job by default.)
When you signed the papers and we shook hands, I didn’t bring up the fact that you didn’t “wait for me” like you promised to years ago, or that you just moved on with your life like what we had meant nothing. Instead, I insisted that we keep things one-hundred percent professional.
So, for the record: I've long forgotten about you and all the times we shared. (This includes the way your body feels under mine, the way your laughter used to make me smile, and the way you used to breathlessly say my name for hours at a time.)
I'm definitely not in denial, this is all one hundred percent true. You'll never hear me say that you still have an effect on me, that you’re still the best I’ve ever had, or worse, that I never got over you...

**
This is a standalone contemporary romance releasing October 24th**

COVER DESIGNER: NAJLA QAMBER DESIGNS 
MODEL: JASON BELL
PHOTOGRAPHER: YASMEEN ANDERSON
(https://www.yasmeenphoto.com)

Find the author: https://www.whitneygbooks.com/

*
Are you on Instagram? :-)
@babelreader

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario