¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

sábado, 1 de agosto de 2015

Can I worship my own Lukas, please?


Carian Cole keeps surprising me, book buddies. The Ashes and Embers series is not to be missed at any cost! I fell in love with STORM (my opinion), I was awed by VANDAL (my opinion), and now it's time for...

LUKAS


Lukas tour banner

Storm’s younger cousin. Vandal’s little brother. You’ve met him in the background. The sweet one. The nice one. The one they can all rely on. The good one. He’s a tattoo artist. He plays metal and classical music - on the violin. He’s got a body built for sin. He’s 24.
In comes Ivy. She’s a 36 year old single mom who hasn’t dated in 18 years. All she wanted was a tattoo. She got a helluva lot more :) Being good has never been so bad.

MY OPINION

Hot, sweet, and surprising as ever.

It's such a treat to see what's going on with my beloved characters from previous novels in this series. It's not mandatory to read them before Lukas, but if you have, it's nice to get in touch again with what's happening to them throughout this story.

Lukas and Ivy are wonderful characters. I loved how they meet in a casual, though meaningful way, and how their relationship grows slowly, yet intensely.

The dialogues are beautiful and it feels so natural as they know each other and fall in love. Plenty of detail in their personalities and backgrounds, some touches are so original! Lukas is incredibly sweet and romantic and with a lot of depth, though if you need your dose of unrelenting, hot passion, it's absolutely here.

There are literally dozens of things that made me smile, swoon, heat up, laugh, sigh and worry. The romantic part was endearing and the sweetest thing ever. Then, the intimate scenes were just mind-blowing. It's very well rendered by the author this aspect of relationships when one of the partners is older and comes from a wrecked marriage with children. All the doubts, insecurities, the fear of being let down again, are gnawing at Ivy and making her distrust another chance at love with young, exotic Lukas.

 I really enjoyed this kind of couple and its repercussions. Also, it was fantastic to remember the stories of the previous brothers, Storm and Vandal, as those scenes in common resurfaced in Lukas' timeline.

Right at the end, a huge explosive drama blew my mind to smithereens. I loved the emotional tension and heartbreak. Even though the epilogue sets up quite a twist in the ever growing arc of this series, the resolution of Lukas and Ivy's story felt really rushed and inconclusive. I wasn't too happy again with the ending as it also happened with Vandal, though it helps that this is an on-going story and it's not a real ending. However, to my mind this couple deserves better in the sense that this huge event was wrapped up too quickly and lost part of its dramatic impact. Still, LUKAS is a wonderful, pretty, romantic, and lovable story. I'm eager to read Talon's and all the sequels!


Lukas cover

LUKAS

 (Ashes & Embers #3)
Author: Carian Cole
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: July 30, 2015
Hosted by: Book Fancy

23746-goodreads


ARE YOU READY FOR SOME TEASERS?


teaser4


1


2


4


5

Lukas full cover


THE STUNNING SERIES

storm cover

Storm (Ashes & Embers #1) 

Vandal cover

Vandal (Ashes & Embers #2) 

ABOUT THE MASTERMIND

I have a passion for the bad boys, those covered in tattoos, sexy smirks, ripped jeans, fast cars, motorcycles and of course, the sweet girls that try to tame them and win their hearts. My debut series, Ashes & Embers, follows the lives of rock band members as they find, and sometimes lose, the loves of their lives.
My first novel in the Ashes & Embers series, Storm, was published in September of 2014 and book 2, Vandal, was published in February 2015 with several more of this series planned throughout 2015.
Born and raised a Jersey girl, I now reside in beautiful New Hampshire with my husband and our multitude of furry pets and spend most of my time writing, reading, and vacuuming.

BF Logo 2

What do you think, book buddies? :o)

   

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario