¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

viernes, 13 de diciembre de 2019

The greatest fun with REINDEER FALLS

Hi, book buddies :-) How are you feeling today? I am beyond excited with these Christmas stories by such a funny author as Jana Aston. I adore her wit! 


MY OPINION

Jana Aston is my kryptonite, and her stories set in Christmas are just perfection. 

Pure magic, I promise. It's her naughty, witty kind of fun dipped in gingerbread, carols, Santa and happiness. 

I was beyond excited to find out that there were three novellas to celebrate the Christmas spirit. The great thing about them is all are set in the same quaint town, Reindeer Falls, and feature three sisters. The exhilaration is served.  

The boss Who Stole Christmas introduces a stressed girl who cannot stand her Grinch boss. I kept imagining him as Michael Fasbender, and he rocks his suits and his scowls.

I absolutely adored her plans for the toy company and wished to partake of the Café's tea time, and I melted when this enemies-to-lovers couple spend a dreamlike visit to a very special Christmas market. That is a prelude to a very festive time in the bedroom. This man is adorable and handsome, and completely misunderstood by the nervous, funny, advent-calendar obsessed Miss Winter. 

Of course, a boss/employee relationship could have its caveats so Holly makes another wrong assumption that almost made me despair. Thankfully, she recapacitates and uses her considerable creativity and honesty to win back her swoony boss. I had so much fun with the hilarious dialogues. 

If You Give a Jerk a Gingerbread is the second novella and totally adorable. I have a weakness for baking and if it is mixed with Christmas, I am seduced forever. Ginger has all these plans to set up a bakery of her own, and her business and creative dreams are blissful. 

Then she meets this irresistible British chef who competes in the same TV show as her. The challenge is fraught with an incredible chemistry, the funniest inner dialogue, a girl who almost embarrases herself every minute because of her intense lust fog, and a charming gentleman who finds her quirkyness stimulating in the best ways. And the carnal ways too. Yay. 

They have these funny conversations where she is melting for him and he is showing her how enchanted he is by her. The town boasts its seasonal side, the baking show gets quite a precedence with all the recipes in motion, and this couple really makes magic with their sweet romance. I loved every word. 

One Night Stand Before Christmas is the last novella. Did I like it as much as the other two? Yes! How could I resist a hot Santa with a charming smile and a penchant for bossy good girls? 

The first scene sets a great mood as Noel shows her good-natured side with a smart grandma singing love's praises. But she is not into that kind of trap.

Next thing we know is she is spending the afternoon with a young Santa Claus delighting children and their mothers alike. The spontaneous relationship is very cute, her inner monologue is spiked with naughty Christmas puns and jokes, and the one-night stand ends up in major fireworks and a complete plot twist.  

It's so funny and entertaining. I loved getting to find out what happens with the other two couples after their own happily ever after, and the epilogue with Teddy and Noel is perfectly sassy and romantic. I am also incredibly glad that the author decided to include the recipes from the baking show. I love them! 

Such a perfect bundle of Christmas stories.

 

THE REINDEER FALLS COLLECTION: VOLUME 1 by Jana Aston Release Date: December 5th
 

   

AVAILABLE NOW!! FREE in Kindle Unlimited! 
 
 
Blurb: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! 
Welcome to Reindeer Falls. 

Grab a mug of hot cocoa and a comfortable chair and enjoy all three novellas in the Reindeer Falls Collection in one volume. 
The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Book 1) 
Dear Santa,
Please bring me a new boss for Christmas. Mine is the worst. The worst, hidden in a six-foot-tall package of male perfection. It'd be easier if he looked like an old Scrooge, wouldn't it? Nick Saint-Croix doesn't look like an old scrooge. He's hot as - um, never mind. Just bring me a new boss. Please. 
Sincerely, Holly Winter 

   

If You Give a Jerk a Gingerbread (Book 2) 
Dear Santa,
I do not want Keller James for Christmas. I will not fall for him, no matter how charming or irresistible or famous he is. I will not be swayed by his skills in the kitchen or by his British accent. I'm going to win the Great Gingerbread Bake-Off and no one is going to stand in my way. Not even Keller. All kisses are off. I mean all bets. All bets are off. And all his clothes. Grr, never mind. I'll figure this out myself. 
XOXO, Ginger Winter 

   

The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Book 3) 
Dear Santa,
Please stop by my house and pick up your suit. If you thought I was going to run it to the dry cleaners for you after you left it on my bedroom floor, you've got another thought coming. 
Best, Noel Winter
 

ABOUT THE MASTERMIND

Jana Aston likes cats, big coffee cups and books about billionaires who deflower virgins. She wrote her debut novel while fielding customer service calls about electrical bills, and she's ever grateful for the fictional gynecologist in Wrong that readers embraced so much she was able to make working in her pajamas a reality. Jana’s novels have appeared on the NYT, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestseller lists, some multiple times. She likes multiples.  

Connect w/ Jana: 

💕

Are you on Instagram? :-)
@babelreader

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario