¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

viernes, 15 de mayo de 2015

Getting Dirty is just what you need


You don't believe me? After you read this poem, you'll never doubt me again ;o)

Dirty
A poem by Blaire Leon
If sex is dirty, why would I do it with someone I love?
If sex is dirty, then didn’t we all come from the dirt?
What if I like the dirt?
What if I want to get dirty?
What if I want to roll in the mud until I’m so f*cking filthy that I’ll never be clean again?

So, what do you think? Would you like to get dirty on this book? Thought so :o)



When twenty-five-year-old graduate assistant Caiden Brenner asked Blaire Leon how old she was, she said she was a senior. He chose to believe she meant in college. They connect over Lord Byron’s Don Juan and, as their conversations become increasingly thicker with sexual innuendo, Caiden finds himself obsessing over a totally off-limits undergrad who’s bold, beautiful, brilliant, and one of the most passionate poets he’s ever met.

But it turns out Blaire hasn't been totally honest. She's the seventeen-year-old valedictorian of her high school class, taking courses at Sierra State while awaiting her acceptance to Stanford.

Will Caiden get too deeply into Blaire to back away before he finds out the truth? Or will their connection be enough to seduce him into risking his entire future on Jail Bait?



My opinion of Getting Dirty


What a taunting overture to this naughty, sexy and brilliantly thought-out story. Actually, the whole novel is a big slab of slam poetry.

Blaire and Caiden meet over Byron's Don Juan and have a very insightful and insinuating conversation around this theme. A scintillating tension sparks between them that challenges all kinds of rules. I really relished how subtly sexy they behaved towards each other behind the subject of Don Juan's sexual conflict. Although I must confess I wasn't expecting a parallelism between both stories.

Apparently, Byron portrayed the literary Casanova as a victim of women's tempting assets, which is exactly what seems to happen to Caiden. The poor guy valiantly tries to act responsible but has nothing to do against bolder-than-bold Blaire no matter how much is at risk or how wrong, unknowingly to him, she actually is even though she doesn't act like she should for her age.

Steamy? Like a hot sauna! The attraction is like a fire that slowly and relentlessly roars between them, and I felt it licking my own skin. I loved their poetic talk, their naughty games, even food is an erotic, wonderful addition to this provoking relationship. And I mean that word. Relationship. It's not only about forbidden lust. It really is about the connection two people have that can't be denied by social rules or blindness.

Blaire is seeking for a man who truly sees her, someone who wants to spend time with her and not just some stolen seconds that will forget her afterwards. There is another character in the couple equation that really crept me out and falls in that category.

The hot passion the young girl and the young, but older man feel for each other is as absorbing as their despair when things go wrong. I was devastated to read that scene, and the aftermath that was so painful, gritty, and deeply surprising.

If they had really made a mistake by giving in to their feelings, they certainly paid in flesh afterwards!

One thing I just could not understand at all is Blaire's reaction to something really horrible that happens to her. Sorry, I know you have to live it to judge or know how you will behave in those circumstances, but I can't relate. She's digging her own grave. I can only assume that she's punishing herself over the guilt she feels towards Caiden.

This novel packs a powerful story with a lot of psychological turmoil. It takes a view on relationships with a minor with rigor and respect, never wavering from the depth of genuine feelings and how both partners end up victims of social rules that disregard free will. Still, even if this couple's decision to risk it hadn't been questionable, I need to say that I didn't forgive easily how they behaved when their world was crumbling down. Don't take me wrong, it made for really dramatic plot, but to me they betrayed what their relationship had stood for. However, wounded, broken people do twisted things to cope.

Though I have a feeling that all this twisted pain might come from a real source, and that makes me sad and sorry that someone had to go through all that.

Anyway, Blaire and Caiden really have a cathartic episode in their lives. The author spills out her guts in words that truly get the reader with her urban poetry and her hard but beautiful romance, and the scary parts of human beings that meet, connect, and heal each other.

Even though I couldn't accept parts of the story, it moved me and I found it sensual yet utterly honest and worthwhile. I hope everyone gives it the chance it deserves.




About the Mastermind

Mia Storm is a hopeless romantic who is always searching for her happy ending. Sometimes she’s forced to make one up. When that happens, she’s thrilled to be able to share those stories with her readers. She lives in California and spends much of her time in the sun with a book in one hand and a mug of black coffee in the other, or hiking the trails in Yosemite. 

Connect with her online at MiaStormAuthor.blogspot.com , on Twitter at @MiaStormAuthor, and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MiaStormAuthor.

*-*

Please, let me know if you read this book. I'd love to know your thoughts on this delicate issue.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario