¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

sábado, 29 de junio de 2019

I crave my own Control Freak

Hi, book buddies :-) I have a special treat for you today. Romance with a strong element of emotional kink. Trust, desire and D/l dynamics blend in a beautifully sweet story. Go bold!

MY OPINION

Risqué, unique, and riveting.

The story of Stian and Lacey has a deep sense of intimacy, like a whisper shared in secrecy. They connect in subtle waves as their needs naturally arise in the everyday friction of work. How I loved the elegance of it all, the sheer weight of their personalities softly engaging with each other.

An authoritative museum director and a clever, obedient assistant who start working together in unsual circumstances, and slowly come to recognise a bond based on control, submision, respect, trust, and a pleasure that crosses the realm of words into a tangible, breathing presence. So exciting, so enticing...

I felt completely ensnared by the dynamics between the characters. As they explore their connection, it's a beautiful portrait of vulnerability, understanding and powerful desires.

A remarkable point is that the female character deals with a delicate health issue that has to do with anxiety and self-worth. This works a paramount role in her relationship with Stian and in her life in general. I was impressed by the author's portrayal of this woman's mind going through that, and how the male character approaches her needs, too. This modern Viking is a charismatic blend of ancient Hero and stern Dom that's become one of my favourite book (man)boyfriends ever :-D

I also loved the antiquities and mythology theme so much!! Like Hercules, this couple has to go through harrowing trials before claiming victory. It's an excruciating time to see Lacey suffer because of her inner demons, and he feels so powerless to protect her. Though it's heartbreaking and I wanted to help her too, hope finally blooms in an ending that is inspiring, romantic and moving. 

What a beautiful romance with a soul. This author proves herself every time 💜


Favourite quotes:

The idea of sight having power has always appealed to me.

I like the idea of power from nothing when I feel so weak.

I'm daring to hope. I haven't dared in such a long time.



Control Freak
Author: Brianna Hale
Genre: Steamy Contemporary Romance

Release Date: June 27, 2019
Cover Design: Maria @ Steamy Designs

Total control. I need it in every aspect of my life. Some would say that makes me an asshole. A freak. But as long as everything’s exactly how I want it I’m completely flexible. 

I’m kidding.

Okay, I’m not kidding.

Lacey needs someone in her life who’s bigger and scarier than her anxieties, and she wants that man to be me. Her boss. The Viking in a suit.

I hope she understands what she’s getting into. This daddy isn’t going to pat her on the head and tell her she’s a good girl for nothing. Especially not when she’s spinning out of control.









ENJOY AN EXCERPT



I show her the two silver objects on my palm. Nipple clamps. I apply each one, screwing them firmly into place and giving them a small tug so I know they're secure. I look up and wait a moment, giving her the chance to say orange or red if she needs to. Her expression is slightly pained, but she doesn’t speak. I’m not finished yet. I take out two small metal weights on thin silver chain, and I hook each one to the clamps. The tips of her nipples are an angry pink. ‘Do you want to say anything, Lacey?’ She shakes her head firmly, though her lower lip is caught between her teeth and her gaze is fastened on the other side of the room, as if she’s concentrating hard. ‘That’s wonderful,’ I murmur, tracing her nipples with the tip of a finger. ‘You just stay there.’ I go back to my desk and continue with my work. I don’t look at her, but I’m totally aware of her. She’s breathing more sharply than normally so it must hurt. Good. Her silent fortitude is like a drug for me. It’s brutish, liking sweet girls in pain, but it fucking makes my dick hard.


ABOUT THE MASTERMIND

There’s nothing Brianna Hale likes more than a large, stern alpha male with a super-protective and caring streak, and when she’s not writing about them she can usually be found with a book, a cocktail, planning her next trip to a beautiful location or attending the theatre. She believes that pink and empowerment aren’t mutually exclusive, and everyday adventures are possible. Brianna lives in London.




HOSTED BY:

I hope you enjoy your reading time :-)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario