¿Buscas algo?

Encuéntranos / Find us!

Correo electrónico Twitter Facebook

viernes, 1 de febrero de 2019

Blackbird is ready to fly into your heart

Hi, book buddies :-) Blackbird is ready to dazzle and conquer. Look at that cover and dream, right?

🖤💛🖤💛 BLACKBIRD RELEASE 🖤💛🖤💛


Add to your Goodreads TBR: http://bit.ly/2QISsA4 

BLACKBIRD by Lisa Shelby


My Anchor. My True North. My Salvation.    

I knew his job in the military could call him away at any time, but I never expected he would leave without saying goodbye or that he would take a piece of me with him.

He said he would always find his way back to me.

It’s been two years.

I’m still waiting for him.

My memories from our two weeks in paradise are as vivid as they were when we created them. The tattoo on my wrist a constant reminder. 

Today, when I open the door to the waiting room at the clinic and see him sitting there, I feel the pieces of my world coming together.

He’s finally here. He found his way back to me. But if that’s the case why does he look like I’m the last person in the world he wants to see?

He said I was his home. His true North. So, why is he running away?


MY OPINION 

A beautifully dramatic romance. This story is about two fated lovers who lose their dream of being together. It's falling hard and breaking up harder, finding perfection only to have it tarnished and twisted by the cruelty of life.
Huck and Harper fall in love in Bali, and it's sweet, fun, hot and momentuous. Mixing past and present, the author cleverly unravels how this couple lost their way. 
I thought it was spectacular the way it's explained about Huck's current state of misery and the origin of their separation. Military life pops up in a few flashes that add immense drama to the story.  All his despair at his loss and guilt is painfully demonstrated. I could feel his sorrow, and Harper's too of having lost the love of her life so unfairly.
Fate reunites them again and I really liked the serendipity of it as well as how they are connected now becasue of one fatal instance in the past. Believing in their happy ending requires a leap of faith, but it's worth it.
There's tragedy pulsing between them, a lot of undercurrent passion too. I didn't care much for Harper's romantic situation in the present, but it looked like another hurdle to add to a heavy list of obstacles to their second chance. Besides, nothing is what it seems and every chapter is another layer to be lifted in wonder.
Little by little, love rebuilds the broken pieces, and it is beautiful to read. I was really surprised when a fresh batch of tragedy  rattles this suffering couple once more before they can claim their hard-earned, very emotional happiness. Grief, horror and a life-altering turn of events fill the last part of this novel, and it feels amazing to witness. This couple's true love emerges once more above the ultimate danger. It is a very worthy romance.


*

Have a great week, book buddies :-)

Are you on Instagram? :-)
@babelreader

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario